Two Southbridge buildings (Buildings B3 and B4) are nearing completion in the first phase of this new mixed-use development located at the intersection of Cermak and State in Chicago. The project is intended to bridge the South Loop, Chinatown, and Bronzeville.
- Each Phase 1 building includes ground-level retail spaces with 103 mixed-income apartments on the upper floors.
- Amenities include a fitness center, community dining space and common areas, and outdoor terraces with city views.
- Surface-level parking is located behind each building, both located near CTA Green and Red Line Stations.
As noted by Chicago YIMBY, Powers & Sons’ work is part of a joint venture with McShane Construction.
When all phases are complete, Southbridge will feature:
- Over 877 residential units across income levels
- 65,000 SF of retail business space
- Multiple recreational areas and green spaces
- A design that meets best-in-class urban and sustainable standards.
Developers are McCaffrey and The Community Builders. Public partners include the Chicago Housing Authority, Illinois Housing Development Authority, and the City of Chicago Department of Planning & Development.