Recognized for our accomplishments
In 2021, Powers & Sons Construction was honored by the Indiana Economic Development Corporation (IEDC) with a Half Century Award for successfully completing over 50 years of business. The Indianapolis office was recognized by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce as one of 2021’s Best Places to Work in Indiana.
AIA/ALA & CBC AWARDS
- Our work at Northtown Library & Apartments was recognized by the American Institute of Architects (AIA) and the American Library Association (ALA) as one of just three U.S. recipients of the AIA/ALA 2020 Library Building Award.
- The project was also recognized by the Chicago Building Congress (CBC) with a 2020 Merit Award in the residential/hospitality category.
- Continuing education and professional development is a key part of our company culture. Powers & Sons was recognized by the Construction Advancement Foundation (CAF) with its 2020 Excellence in Professional Development Award.
- Crain’s Chicago Business named Powers & Sons the city’s fourth-largest minority-owned business in 2019.
BE TOP 100
- Powers & Sons Construction rose 30 spots on Black Enterprise magazine’s 2019 “BE Top 100” list of the nation’s largest Black-owned companies, up from #62 in 2017.
- Powers & Sons is recognized for our work on Rosenwald Court Apartments with the 2017 Chicago Landmark Award for Presentation and the ACHP/HUD Secretary’s Award for Excellence in Historic Preservation in 2018.
- Our historic preservation work to restore the historic Wabash YMCA were recognized with the 2001 Chicago Landmarks Award for Preservation Excellence, the 2001 Outstanding Private Leadership Award from the Landmarks Preservation Council of Illinois, the 2002 Distinguished Building Award from the AIA of Chicago, and the 2002 National Preservation Honor Award from the National Trust for Historic Preservation.