Powers & Sons Construction supports programs and initiatives focused on community partnership, collaboration, and citizen dialog.
Everyone on our team is encouraged to pursue meaningful activities that make a difference in their local communities. Many of us volunteer to serve in civic organizations and we participate in efforts that support youth education and development.
YOUTH EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT
Supporters of the Gary Education & Leadership Alliance since 1983, we have endowed two scholarships:
- The Powers & Sons Construction Company Scholarship is awarded to academically strong students who want to major in construction management, construction technology, or civil engineering.
- The Leolean Powers Scholarship is awarded based on financial need to academically strong students regardless of college major.
In addition, we funded a Research, International, Service, and Experiential Learning (RISE) Diversity Scholarship with the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI). RISE was developed for underrepresented first-generation and financially challenged students.
Other organizations we support:
- Advocate Christ Medical Center and Children’s Hospital Charitable Foundation
- Edna Martin Christian Center
- Friends of Emerson School of Visual and Performing Arts
- Frontiers International Service Club
- Greater Indianapolis Progress Committee
- Habitat for Humanity
- Indiana State University Foundation
- Indianapolis Neighborhood Housing Partnership
- Ivy Tech Foundation
- John Will Anderson Boys & Girls Club
- Legacy Foundation
- IU Health Foundation
- Methodist Hospitals Foundation
- Museum of Science and Industry
- The Salvation Army
- Sojourner Truth House
- United Negro College Fund
- United Way
- Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA) of Northwest Indiana
- 100 Black Men of Indianapolis, Inc.