Located at the corner of 91st Street & College Avenue in Indianapolis, the new Northview Middle School is starting to take shape. Powers & Sons is a construction manager on the project.
When complete, the $72M Washington Township facility will replace the existing middle school located on the North Central High School campus.
- The two-story building will be built around a central core with a main public corridor that connects administrative areas with academic/activity spaces.
- Academic areas are designed as pods on the first and second floors, and include shared teaching/learning and student collaboration space.
- A special education suite with a separate building entrance will located central to the pods.
- A baseball field, softball field, and six tennis courts will be built west of the school. A six-lane all-weather track for field events will also be installed. Athletic fields will be fenced for security and ticketed access, with an adjacent stand-alone concessions building with restrooms.
- A majority of the existing heritage trees on the site will be preserved. An efficient parking layout design maximizes the amount of open green space. The campus will include public bike parking and walking path connectivity. Exterior lighting will be designed to eliminate light spill to adjacent properties.
The Powers & Sons team, which includes Project Executive Les Carrol, Project Manager Casey Parsons, Project Manager Emily Lucas, and Senior Project Engineer Kayden Rivers, is making good progress.
- Concrete has been poured and structural steel is being put into place.
- Construction is expected to be complete in the summer of 2023.