Diversity & Inclusion
Powers & Sons fosters diverse and inclusive construction sites that reflect the local community and its residents.
THE POWERS APPROACH
We practice equitable procurement of labor, services, goods, and materials. Our team has built strong, diverse local networks to encourage and mentor minorities, women, veterans, and other business owners who want to work with us.
- Proven record of meeting workforce diversity and community hiring goals.
- Efforts customized by project, scopes of work, and market.
- Employee utilization plans customized for local workforce and employment market.
- Community outreach sessions for diverse subcontractors, vendors, suppliers, and project partners.
- Communicate with local diversity assistance agencies, programs, and organizations to promote opportunities.
- Mentor and educate business owners about the bidding process.
- Professional associations for contractors notified about pending projects.
- Itemized workforce diversity percentages required from all bidders and project partners.